As a shingles roofing homeowner, you want your homes to be stylish and durable at the same time. If you’re seeking a roofing material that adds class to your home while serving as a protection to your family and belongings from harsh weather, shingles roofing may be the best option for you.
Are you looking for roofers in Albany who can expertly repair your shingles roofing? Roofers Albany NY Pros have the best team. Do you need a new roof? We also do shingle roofing installation and replacement at an affordable price. But before everything else, you have to figure out which type of roofing material you want.
Types of Shingle Roofing Materials
Asphalt Shingle Roofing
These are versatile and very attractive types of materials, which provide high wind and fire resistance. They are also inexpensive compared to other materials, which makes them economical for the aesthetics and durability they render to your home. If you need highly-trained roofers in Albany, we are your top experts. At Roofers Albany, NY Pros, we provide world-class roofing services like nobody else!
Wood Shingle Roofing
Although we don’t recommend these types of roofing materials in fire-prone areas, they offer many benefits such as:
● Weather resistance
● Insulating factor
● Attractive looks
Clay Tile Shingles
If you’re going for the Mediterranean or Spanish-style house, these types of roofing materials are suitable for you. These are also a perfect choice for homeowners going for looks because they could be molded into different shapes. They are made in lighter colors that make them cool.
● Has the ability to mimic wood, tiles, or slate.
● You can save on energy bills because they meet Energy Star standards.
● They come in many different colors, sizes, and styles to choose from.
● Can only be used on pitched roofs.
● Not long-lasting like other roofing materials.
● Not environmentally-friendly
If you own a slate shingle roof, you need a shingle roofing company with a real expert in shingle roofing installation. Slate shingles are materials that are heavy to deal with. In addition, poor shingle roofing installation can lead to difficult future repairs like replacing tiles due to weather conditions, fixing fasteners, or flashing replacement. Check out our professional roofing contractors Albany, NY area for guaranteed top-notch services!
● It has the best damage and water resistance properties.
● Can last up to 80-100 years
● It comes in many color options, including green, black, gray, or red.
● More expensive than other materials.
● It may not be ideal if your home cannot easily handle heavy-weight roofs.
● Repairs are expensive because there are not many companies that specialize in this particular material.
Metal Shingle Roofing
This is perfect for your home if you have a steep or flat roofline. This type is durable and enduring because it is made with either solid or constructed metal. This can be very affordable if made from a low-galvanized metal, while other metal types to choose from are tin, zinc, copper, and aluminum.
● Can last for as long as 50 years.
● The best option for areas with high winds.
● Can extend life through coating with a rubber roof
● Requires regular maintenance and inspection.
● Noisy in hail or rain
A mixture of new and recycled wood, paper, plastics, asphalt, and fiberglass, these types of materials are slightly more expensive than asphalt. However, they usually last longer and perform better.
● Lighter than asphalt
● Long warranty
● Made to mimic all types of roofing shingles.
● Often made from recycled materials.
● A little expensive than asphalt
● Not practical like the other materials in cold climates.
These are better options for the environment than a roof plus solar panels, though they’re more expensive.
● Very environmentally-friendly
● Look like a high-end slate
● Costly installation
● Work well in sunny southern climates
● Requires an expert installer